Beginner IT Jobs
Start your IT Career with hand curated, beginner-friendly IT jobs.
Junior Software Engineer - SmartBear
At SmartBear, we deliver the complete visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning and industry favorite tools** TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr **are trusted by over 16 million developers, testers, and software engineers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Junior Backend Engineer Zephyr Scale
- Solve challenging business problems and build highly scalable applications.
- Design, document and implement new systems.
- Java 8+, SQL. Zephyr Scale provides test management capabilities to Atlassian products, working as a plugin/extension for Jira and Confluence, for managing both manual and automated testing processes. Go to our product page if you want to know more about Zephyr Scale You can even have a free trial to check it out 😊 About the role As a Junior Backend Engineer you will be working on improving the product and adding capabilities for our thousands of users. You can look forward to working with our best and brightest engineers, and product managers.
- Tackle interesting challenges such as improving the reuse of components among our different test management solutions, handling parallelism, large amounts of data, working with Terraform to provision 100% of our infrastructure and a fully automated pipeline for continuous integration and deployment.
- Work within a collaborative high-performance team of developers, testers (for test automation), support engineers and more, geographically spread across our different locations –UK, Poland, France, India and Brazil.
- Implement new functionality in close cooperation with the team and users.
- Engage in peer design and code reviews. Maintain test coverage.
We are looking for you if you have:
- 1+ years of Java development experience.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, and writing maintainable code.
- Knowledge of design patterns and best practices.
- Experience in modern version control systems such as Git.
- Knowledge of software testing using different approaches or tools such as BDD, TDD, unit testing, integration testing and performance testing.
- English on at least B2 level.
Why you should join the SmartBear crew:
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off.
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization - an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know:
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices across the world including Galway Ireland, Bath, UK, Wroclaw, Poland and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won major industry(product and company) awards including best places to work
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.