Beginner IT Jobs
Start your IT Career with hand curated, beginner-friendly IT jobs.
Junior Software Engineer - Rabobank
Interested in a job in IT and contributing to a better world? Discover your best self with the Young Engineering Professional Program.
You and your future During the Young Engineering Professional Program (also known as YEPP) at Rabobank you work on your career one day a week by following a technical track, or you work on your personal development. You develop talents you didn’t know you had and we are given the space to discover for yourself what you are good at and what you like. And then? Everything you learn in the training courses can immediately be put into practice, because the other 4 days you work in your starter position as a Junior DevOps Engineer. Under the guidance of experienced colleagues, you will become a specialist in your field in no time. In addition, in the program you will work together with the team on 2 business challenges on themes such as sustainable agriculture or the cooperative energy transition. Imagine… that you are that Junior Software Engineer, who ensures that a customer can realize certain dreams. That no day is the same, you deal with challenges that benefit you and your colleagues and that we as a team continuously improve. That you create maximum customer value with the team and that customer satisfaction is a matter of course for you. Besides working passionately, we also have fun together. These are the main ingredients for the (further) development and management of applications. With your team you provide more convenience and payment security for our customers. Create impact You can make a difference by taking responsibility for the software from A to Z: from idea to going live and improving functionalities for our users. You build it, you run it! in our DevOps way of working. You inspire the team with the latest digital developments, show initiative and come up with improvement proposals. Examples
- The team recently started a new proposition: Push Account Notification. This means building an entirely new API. Practical
- Length: Young Engineering Professional Program: 18 months.
- After which you will continue to work with us as Junior software engineer.
- Hours per week: 40.
Your development To become the specialist in your professional field, in the Young Engineering Professional Program 1 day a week you mainly attend training courses that that support your talent development. The courses are often given by experienced colleagues or trainers with a track record. You build your network, gain valuable experience and develop skills which will be of use to you later in your career.
Learning from each other Development is our top priority. Because the best way to learn is by doing, through mistakes and successes. At Rabobank we offer you the right balance between freedom and supervision. To develop talents you never thought you possessed. To specialize in a professional field or explore the things you're good at and enjoy doing. During the Young Engineering Professional Program you can count on us for excellent supervision. You'll work with experienced colleagues and have lots of contact with young professionals. Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,500,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- A bachelor or master degree, or an equivalent working / thinking level.
- Affinity with software development, and already some experience with the programming language [JAVA].
- Excellent proficiency in English.
- Feedback makes you stronger.
- Learns from mistakes.
- Adaptive to changing situations.
- Focus on the solution.
This is what we offer you
- Most of all, we offer you an 18 month long rich learning experience, while you advance your career towards an expert in your field.
- A gross monthly salary in function scale 7.
- A combination of working from home and at the office.
- A personal development budget of € 1,400-. This is a selection of the terms of employment for a Junior Software Engineer based on a 40-hour working week.
You and the job application process We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. What can you bring to Rabobank? We can't wait to hear from you. So get in touch straightaway:
- A technical assessment and/or a personality assessment is part of the selection process.
- Interviews will be held via MS Teams or at our office in Utrecht.
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.