Beginner IT Jobs
Start your IT Career with hand curated, beginner-friendly IT jobs.
Junior Software Engineer - Kryha
About Kryha Kryha is a Web3 Lab based in Amsterdam, working to accelerate our transition to trusted, accessible and human-centred decentralised technology. Across our collaborations with brands, developers and protocols, we build shareable tools and worthwhile applications for and with the communities involved.
We believe that Web3 will bring meaningful change to the world, and that’s why we’re working to make that happen. You’ll join a welcoming team and dive right into the world of NFTs, DeFi, Zero-Knowledge Proofs, gaming, traceability, and more. But don't worry, we're not expecting you to be a resident of this world, just a curious explorer.
About this role You will be part of a diverse tech team which means you will learn fast and have immediate opportunities to grow. We also strongly encourage rotations between projects over the course of your first year so that you can better understand the context of your work, experience different work environments, and find your growth path within tech as well as the company.
As a Junior Developer, you will work within an agile engineering team, that works with rapid iterations and continuous improvement, to create the most innovative web3 applications for our clients. At Kryha we build innovative dapps mainly using the MERN stack with the goal to achieve exceptional design, usability, accessibility, and performance across a different range of applications and solutions. You will work on a wide range of complex problems and technologies that will challenge you as an individual and allow you to grow and contribute to the revolutionary web3 space. Due to our platform-agnostic approach, we integrate with and use a variety of blockchain protocols.
- Grow your own skill set by proactively working with and seeking help from other engineers
- Write clean, well-designed code
- Participating in project meetings with management and other team members
- Follow industry best practices
- Productively collaborate with Design, Product, and other Engineers throughout the product development lifecycle, including product and design feedback and code review
**What we expect: **
- At least 1 year of commercial coding experience
- Interested in working with cutting-edge technology
- Always voice your opinion for both threats and opportunities you see
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Self-directed, investigative, highly responsible, and work well in a team environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with blockchain technology
- Experience with Solidity Programming language
- Experience with Rust programming language
- Experience with DevOps
Our culture Kryha was founded in 2017 by three students fascinated by the potential of blockchain technology. Now, our visionary spirit is as strong as ever — but it’s grounded and matured into the Web3 Lab we are today: over 45 people working to accelerate the transition to a trusted, accessible and human-centred decentralised digital world.
We’re a gutsy, approachable and lively bunch who feel at home within the Kryha team, which means we can go far together. We balance our bold work with downtime, combining our serious ambitions with the relaxation that helps make them happen. Human-centric as we work well, play well! We offer a beautiful office, options for remote work, Friday drinks and inspiration sessions, tasty team lunches, sports and yearly team getaways.
What’s in it for you:
- The chance to work on cutting-edge Web3 projects designed to contribute to a more joyful, equal and sustainable world
- Flexible work options (we encourage a minimum of one day at the office)
- Many opportunities to grow and develop your career within Kryha
- Time and freedom to shape your own role and personal development, grow your skills and work towards your goals
- Have fun while working with a diverse and motivated team where everyone is encouraged to be themselves
What’s next? It’s important for us that you’re comfortable and get all the clarity you need during the interview process. After applying, we aim to get back to you within 1-2 weeks. After we get back to you, our interview process takes 2-3 weeks depending on everyone’s availability, but we’re flexible if you have a different timeline in mind.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of The Netherlands.