Beginner IT Jobs
Start your IT Career with hand curated, beginner-friendly IT jobs.
Junior Software Engineer - Embroker
Who we are at Embroker Embroker is the radically simple destination for industry-tailored commercial insurance. Our mission is to make it radically easier for businesses to get the right coverage at the best price. With a technology-first, customer-centric approach, Embroker is changing how businesses protect themselves, their staff, and their customers. Founded In 2015, Embroker has raised over $150M in funding from leading fintech investors. The value of this position As a Junior Software Engineer, you will join our Engineering team working on Embroker’s software platform, developing a complex single page application using React and building RESTful APIs, business services, data layers, document management, carrier integrations, on a hybrid microservices architecture (Event-driven microservices/SOA) and much more using Typescript and Go. We work in small, cross-functional, teams of 3-6 people and use Slack to stay connected. What we're looking for
- 1-3 years of experience in software development with a focus on full stack web development
- Knowledge of one or more server-side programming languages such as GO, Java, NodeJS, Python, or similar
- Experience working with Git or other version control systems
- Ability to write clean, well-designed, and high-quality code in a highly collaborative Agile development environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional remote teams
- Being okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes from learning new things
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Good knowledge of English language, conversational and written
- Fluent in written and spoken Serbian Nice to have
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity or experience with:
- Event-driven and RESTful microservice architectures
- Go programming language
- React and/or Typescript
- Database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or MySQL What Embroker offers
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work
- Awesome referral bonuses
- Working with a team of experienced engineers
- We invest in your professional development and career path: online courses, coding classes, conference tickets, books, etc.
- Private medical healthcare with dental services added
- Subsidized fitness card
- And many more perks when we're back in the office:
- Regular team-building events
- Tournaments of table tennis and table soccer in our office, basketball and soccer teams
- In-office drinks, snacks, fruits, lunch, etc. Our Pack at Embroker lives our values
The Embroker Pack lives by three core values that have taken us from an idea to a growing, well-funded player in the Insurtech space.
- Pack First
- We succeed and fail as one team. We always optimize for what is best for our entire organization. We always assume positive intent.
- Be All-In
- We are 100% committed. We move fast and are proud of what we build. We attack challenges with relentless positivity.
- Create Magic
- We strive to amaze and delight at every touchpoint. We make our work fun through teamwork, play, and positive energy.