Beginner IT Jobs
Start your IT Career with hand curated, beginner-friendly IT jobs.
Junior Software Engineer - Castle Hill Gaming
Castle Hill Gaming (CHG) provides quality gaming solutions to Native American Tribal Casinos across the United States. CHG’s team utilizes decades of experience, insight, and knowledge to create the most entertaining Class II and Class III gaming machines in the market. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including company-paid health insurance, company contributions to HSA/HRA accounts, generous paid time off, and more. Position Overview: The junior software engineer is involved with all parts of the software development cycle ranging from systems architecture and design to coding and testing under the guidance of a more experienced engineer. This role is on-site full-time in Charlottesville, VA. If you are outside of this area, you will need to relocate and relocation assistance is available.
- Develop code for new and existing projects while adhering to company best practices and coding standards
- Work collaboratively with others to complete projects
- Work with team to come up with ways to improve overall development processes
- Document software functionality
- Understand business needs and how to build software to support those needs
- Evaluate and debug issues reported from the field
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- At least a year of experience coding with .NET and C# outside of Unity or other game engine
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and design patterns
- Understand and have experience with client-server development including secured network communications in various environments (e.g., LAN, Cloud)
- Ability to analyze and debug software
- Experience with distributed source control systems like Git
- Experience with agile development processes
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Team player with high performance standards
- Experience with WPF, Asp.Net MVC, WCF, and/or Entity Framework
- Experience with relational databases systems such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 and above
- Experience coding in C++ *** We are not offering Visa sponsorship or transfers for this position, now or in the future.