Beginner IT Jobs
Start your IT Career with hand curated, beginner-friendly IT jobs.
Junior Software Engineer - Applied Intuition
Autonomy is one of the leading technological advances of this century that will come to impact our lives. The work you’ll do at Applied will meaningfully accelerate the efforts of the top autonomy teams in the world. At Applied, you will have a unique perspective on the development of cutting-edge technology while working with major players across the industry and the globe. Applied Intuition provides software solutions to safely develop, test, and deploy autonomous vehicles at scale. The company’s suite of simulation, validation, and drive log management software enables development teams to create thousands of scenarios in minutes, run simulations at scale, and verify and validate algorithms for production deployment. Headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, D.C., Munich, Stockholm, Seoul, and Tokyo, Applied consists of software, robotics, and automotive experts with experiences from top global companies. Leading autonomy programs and 17 of the top 20 global OEMs use Applied’s solutions to bring autonomy to market faster. About the role We are looking for bright engineers interested in designing elegant solutions to difficult problems in the autonomy space. Our software engineers work across our suite of products, tackling a variety of full-stack, infrastructure, robotics, and graphics challenges. At Applied, we encourage engineers to take ownership over technical and product decisions, closely interact with users to collect feedback, and contribute to a thoughtful, dynamic team culture. At Applied you will:
- Work across our entire stack to develop new products, features, and tools for our customers' autonomy development workflows
- Have an unparalleled opportunity to work with domain experts across a variety of fields: infrastructure, robotics, and graphics engineers, as well as startup veterans
- Carve out your own area of expertise and influence product decisions
- Collaborate with other members in the autonomy ecosystem and learn about different approaches to solving core issues in autonomy We're looking for someone who:
- Has 1-4 years of industry experience
- Is a self-starter and can quickly become comfortable with new technical tools
- Designs efficient and effective solutions to a wide range of engineering challenges
- Takes initiative in a fast-paced environment Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of frontend, API layer, database ORM, containerization, or cluster orchestration frameworks (such as React, GraphQL, SQLAlchemy, Docker, or Kubernetes)
- Experience working with simulation tools, modeling physical problems, or using robotics middleware (such as ROS) Don’t meet every single requirement? If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. Applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable federal and state law. Applicants should be aware that for external-facing roles that involve close contact with Company employees or other third parties on the Company's premises, accommodations that involve remaining unvaccinated against COVID-19 may not be deemed reasonable. The Company will engage in the interactive process on an individualized basis taking into account the particular position.