Beginner IT Jobs
Start your IT Career with hand curated, beginner-friendly IT jobs.
Junior QA Engineer - Remote
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now. Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here. All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Making impactful quality-wise improvements across the company.
- Learn / improve coding expertise by automating tests for both front-end and back-end.
- Work closely together with both QA engineers and developers.
- A lot of freedom to organize your work and life — you are not bound to daily standups or other ceremonies.
- A supportive and kind work environment where you can grow and challenge yourself to do your best work.
- Pragmatic and product-focused Engineering culture — read more about our practices and work ethic.
- Competitive salary, stock options, unlimited PTO, a generous learning budget, and a set of other perks and benefits.
What you bring
- Prior experience in test automation, which includes creating new tests, maintaining test suites, and supporting teams in debugging issues.
- Good communication skills in both listening and understanding
- The ability to read through documentations, understand requirements, and ask questions when in doubt
- Willingness to listen and learn from more senior engineers and develop new skills
- Strong ability to work independently and self-guided
- Knowledge of testing principles and applying them to work beyond the happy path
- You'll report to: QA Team Lead
- Team: Engineering
- Location: Americas, Europe, and Africa.
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries. At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally. The base salary range for this full-time position is $21,450 to $72,350. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change. We offer a generous benefits package to all full-time employees. Currently in the U.S. this includes: 401(k) plan + employer match, flexible paid time off, paid sick leave in excess of local requirements, parental leave, FSA, HSA, health, dental and vision plans. Click here for more information on our global employee benefits.
Roughly 6 hours across 6 weeks
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- (async) Code challenge
- (async) Code Challenge Review
- Interview with team members
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks) #LI-DNI
Our full benefits & perks are explained in our handbook at remote.com/r/benefits. As a global company, each country works differently, but some benefits/perks are for all Remoters:
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async. You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs. If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead. We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to. Need help? Email email@example.com