Beginner IT Jobs
Start your IT Career with hand curated, beginner-friendly IT jobs.
Junior Java Developer - Experian
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments — from buying a home or a car to sending a child to college to growing a business by connecting with new customers — we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We have 20,000 people operating across 44 countries. By investing in our people, technology and innovation, we can help transform businesses, help communities prosper, enable more people to feel included in the financial opportunities that should be available to them, and help people to thrive. We're looking for inspired employees that want to make an impact on people and business. Why us? No one makes sense of data like Experian. We are on a mission to deliver the full power of data, analytics and technology in ways that transform lives. As a team, we’re committed to working together. So, we work in an inclusive environment that welcomes people with lots of different perspectives. We put people first and care about work that works. We like to strike a balance between how much time we spend on work and how much we keep for ourselves. After all, we’ve all got commitments and interests outside the office. So, talk to us about how you’d best like to work with us. We’re flexible and interested in helping you to get the best out of working with us.
You are probably wondering what you'll be doing:
- Produce high quality clean, testable and efficient code;
- Constantly self-improving technical skills;
- Perform code reviews and ensure new code is following established coding practices;
- Write automation tests as part of development process;
- Actively analyze and report on time any risks with the software solution, timelines and task deliverable;
- Collaborates with Development team, Product Owners (Business Analysts) to clarify requirements;
- Regularly attend and contribute in discussions about Agile sprints, scope, acceptance criteria, definition of DONE and goals;
- Contributes to documenting functional specifications in order to better understand business needs and convert them to technical requirements.
We look for you to bring:
- Knowledge of OOP principles, data structures, algorithms & design patterns
- Good level in at least one OOP language (Java would be an advantage)
- Good knowledge of version control systems
- Good understanding of Software development lifecycle, and Agile methodologies
- Good communication skills in English Advantages:
- Experience with any of Rest API, Spring Framework, Spring-MVC, Spring-Security
- Experience with CI/CD concepts and tools (Jenkins, Bamboo or similar)
- Experience with cloud platforms and technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS)
- Experience with test frameworks (Junit, Spock)
- Additional Information
- Personal Development - career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & book
- Work environment - excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package - life insurance, food vouchers, monthly flex allowance, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options program
- Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility event
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office In order to stay safe and be responsible, we introduce a remote hiring process with online interviews for all candidates.