Beginner IT Jobs
Start your IT Career with hand curated, beginner-friendly IT jobs.
Junior IT Systems Engineer - Samsara
Who we are Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally and collect more than 40 billion minutes of video footage and 5 trillion data points annually. Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term. Recent awards we’ve won include: Best Place to Work by Built In 2022 Deloitte Fast 500 Companies IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand. About the role: In Samsara’s Business Technology Core IT team, we work to deliver awesome systems, support, and experiences that enable our teams to be as impactful as possible. As a member of the team, you’ll be responsible for owning the technology and processes that enable our people to do their best work. This role will be eligible for remote work. Candidates local to San Francisco Headquarters as role may be required to come into the office from time to time You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best. Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara. In this role, you will:
- Be the primary owner for key applications or infrastructure: integrate best practices, develop roadmaps, ensure service availability, optimize performance, and maximize impact
- Develop and deploy new architecture patterns for services that maximize availability, security, scalability, and livability for the supporting team
- Research, assess, and incorporate the best new vendors and technologies into our stack
- Design, build, deploy, integrate, and maintain the core technologies and services that power our business
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices Minimum requirements for the role:
- 2+ years of experience in an Software or IT Systems Engineering role
- Experience with Identity Mngt/ OKTA, Meraki Networks, Terraform, and SysAdmin
- Built, and owned, custom integrations
- Solid fundamentals of IT infrastructure, security, and corporate systems
- Enthusiasm for helping others by learning and building things, and a desire to join a small but growing team! An ideal candidate also has:
- Exposure to scale in a SaaS-first IT environment (Google Workspace, Okta, Slack, Zoom, etc)
- Developed and managed applications in a team environment
- Experience with AWS cloud services: Lambda, EC2, S3, etc
- Expertise with Google Workspace and Google Cloud Platform
- Expertise in corporate networking and email infrastructure, CCNP+ knowledge
- Expertise in MDM systems across multiple platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux, Mobile, etc) Samsara’s Compensation Philosophy: Samsara’s compensation program is designed to deliver total compensation (based on role, level, and geography) that is above market. We do this through our base salary + bonus/variable + restricted stock units (RSUs). RSUs are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, there are additional RSU grant awards for top performers which allow employees to achieve higher market positioning. The range of annual base salary for full-time employees for this position is below. Please note that base pay offered may vary depending on factors including your city of residence, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. $72,488—$106,600 USD At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact. Accommodations Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process. US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation. Benefits Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more. **Flexible Working ** At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company. Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.