Beginner IT Jobs
Start your IT Career with hand curated, beginner-friendly IT jobs.
Junior Front End Engineer - Minware
minware provides engineering business metrics that show the true cost of engineering impediments. This helps organizations make better decisions with stronger alignment between engineers and executives. Kevin Borders founded minware after bootstrapping his previous company to $86m in revenue and selling in 2021, with the idea of helping others benefit from lessons learned growing an engineering team from 0 to 40. minware is a self-funded seed-stage company. After promising initial customer traction, we are looking for people who share our values to help bring minware to a larger audience.
As an early engineer, you will have the unique opportunity to work directly with minware’s founders to build the product from the ground up. We are looking for someone who enjoys designing, developing, and maintaining front-end software. We are seeking an ambitious and nice junior engineer who has experience independently executing complex projects and building scalable, maintainable software. As a purveyor of developer productivity analytics, we are diligent about process efficiency and code quality. Though we are small, we try to avoid unnecessarily creating technical debt and are looking for someone who can lead us toward this goal.
- Develop UX/UX components for customer facing applications to enhance scalability, performance, and user experience
- Work closely with product managers and customers to define minware’s capabilities
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, and continuous integration to maintain code quality standards
- Manage a backlog of tech debt reduction and internal efficiency improvements
- Familiarity with principles of high-quality code, including continuous integration, declarative and functional programming
- Strong communication skills for interfacing with non-technical stakeholders and occasionally with customers
- Well-versed in agile or lean planning and project management processes
- Proficiency in Figma, HTML, and CSS
- Experience with the core stack (Next.js, Apollo GraphQL, React) or similar technologies is preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and seed-stage equity compensation
- 100% remote work, flexible hours, and unlimited vacation policy. (Read here about how we built trust in our previous all-remote company.)
- Full health care premium coverage for you and your family
- Unique career development guidance reporting directly to the founder/CEO We offer competitive compensation packages along with stock options based on industry benchmarks for function, and level. Offer amounts are determined by multiple factors such as a candidate's experience and expertise.