Beginner IT Jobs
Start your IT Career with hand curated, beginner-friendly IT jobs.
Junior DevOps Support Engineer - SaltPay
About us We believe that local businesses are essential to any growing society. Founded in 2019 to create affordable, fast and secure payments and software solutions to help small and medium-sized businesses manage and grow their operations better. Taken for granted by banks and traditional service providers, small businesses have especially struggled to get access to the financial services and software they need. We exist to improve their lives and to help them grow by building products that serve their needs, or integrating with the best solutions we find in the marketplace. We're outcome-driven entrepreneurs who emphasise energy over experience. Our number one priority is to deliver solutions that will allow our local businesses to thrive. Connecting and collaborating with a diverse group of talented teammates in an inclusive environment helps us achieve different results. We learn from each other every day, doing whatever is necessary to deliver the best outcomes for our customers. With over 2,000 employees in 15 offices across 20 countries, our footprint keeps on growing. We are fully dedicated to serving more than 100,000 merchants across our network.
These are some of the core principles of our culture:
- You like to work towards honest, inspiring, and challenging objectives;
- You want to create a tangible impact on the business;
- You have a competitive mindset and work to achieve the best possible outcomes;
- Kindness, humility, self-awareness, and candour are all part of your DNA;
- You are not afraid of taking risks, and you feel empowered by extreme ownership;
- You prioritise the team's success rather than your own;
- You're always striving to become a better version of yourself;
- Problems are learning opportunities;
- You're a dreamer, a thinker, and a doer - all in one;
Your Team You will be part of a team of Testers, Analysts, Developers and DevOps Engineers who deliver remarkable solutions to our clients. You will assist us in creating reliable, reusable and leading-edge SRE practices and tools. You will be responsible for ensuring application deployments to AWS, GCP and terrestrial Data Centers are performed reliably and repeatedly through the use of advanced scripting and tools. You will also ensure optimal application performance and functional monitoring as well as upgrade management.
Your Mission On a regular day as a Junior DevOps Support Engineer at SaltPay, you will:
- Assist with streamlining and improving software integration, release and deployment processes;
- Streamline and improve software integration, release, and deployment processes;
- Enhance systems monitoring and metrics reporting;
- Work closely with developers to improve quality and efficiency of the software;
- Maintain end-to-end security using industry best practices;
- Investigate and adopt new technologies as needs arise;
- Troubleshoot production issues and perform maintenance on infrastructure, build pipelines and applications;
- Perform preventative maintenance on servers to keep them in good health;
- Working as part of a project team to develop and deliver solutions;
- Setup and maintain related documentation.
- You have knowledge of AWS and GCP products and tools;
- You have experience in at least one scripting language (Shell, Python, PHP, or others);
- You have worked with Ansible and Terraform;
- You have knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL databases (such as MongoDB);
- You have experience in Java or at least able to read source code;
- You are familiar with Jenkins-based continuous integration and deployment pipelines;
- You have experience with system monitoring tools such as Graphite, New Relic, and Mint;
- You are able to deploy software on Linux platforms (Specifically Ubuntu and CentOS);
- You understand Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies.
- We trust you, so we offer flexible working hours, as long it suits both you and your team;
- 25 days of Annual leave (+ national public holidays);
- Frequent team events & activities in the office and outside;
- Possibility to visit other company offices to meet colleagues in instances when travel is safe and appropriate;
- Competitive salary and enrollment in the Universal SaltPay Stock Option Plan (USSOP) from your first day. The USSOP gives all employees the chance to be fellow company owners;
- Friendly, comfortable and informal office environment;
- We want to have the best people by our side - we can sponsor work visas and relocation processes for qualified professionals. Our company is a place for people who can challenge the status quo. People who believe they can make a difference in the world by participating in a business model designed to create a more balanced and fair market. More than experience, we believe in potential and that a human's learning ability is limitless. As long as you have the right mindset, can live by our values and that you genuinely want to learn and develop your skills and knowledge, then we have the career challenge you've been looking for right here. We pledge to put our people first, and above everything else, to create a challenging opportunity that will foster personal growth. We're citizens of the world - our team is an open and safe space for everyone, regardless of their story.
Please note that all supporting documents such as CV's must be in English.