Beginner IT Jobs
Start your IT Career with hand curated, beginner-friendly IT jobs.
Junior Back-end Developer - Drieam
Drieam is looking for a new junior developer, in this role you will be part of Drieam’s back-end development team. Designing & developing educational apps and integrating them with Canvas – the worldwide #1 Learning Management System – will be your main responsibility. So if you like to develop and scale educational apps for a large number of users, this is the perfect role for you.
A short introduction Drieam is an EdTech scale-up, passionate about developing & implementing software to enable the ultimate learning and teaching experience. We’re with 45 young and committed professionals who constantly strive to improve the lives of teachers, students and staff all over the world. We work very closely together with Instructure, the company behind Canvas. We are at the forefront of international growth. We are the market leader in the BeNeLux region, and have a fast growing number of well-known international customers, like Cambridge (see this blog), IMD, Yale and Wharton. Our current focus is to grow in the US. For which we work very closely together with our partners in education, like Instructure, Qualtrics and Miro (see this blog).
What will you be doing Drieam is looking for a new junior developer, in this role you will be part of Drieam’s back-end development team. Designing & developing educational apps and integrating them with Canvas – the worldwide #1 Learning Management System – will be your main responsibility. So if you like to develop and scale educational apps for a large number of users, this is the perfect role for you. Working closely with our Product Owners, you will rapidly turn client needs and ideas into new features. The work created by you and our fast growing development team will be implemented within a very short time and will have an immediate impact on the lives of many. Exciting stuff, right?
What are your responsibilities You have a top-technology driven mindset, don’t shy away from taking ownership and love working in teams of like minded and smart people. At the end of the day, nothing makes you happier than seeing well written and high-quality code.
The requirements at a glance
- We are looking for a great coder. You will work mainly with Ruby on Rails, but we are not specifically looking for experience with Ruby on Rails. We also appreciate experience in for example C# and Python
- Bonus: you know your way around React
- You completed a relevant Bachelor or Master
- You are fluent in either English or Dutch
What you'll gain at Drieam (and don't want to miss out on!)
- Our tech stack in a nutshell: Ruby on Rails for backend, React for frontend, Vite for asset bundling, GitHub Actions for CI/CD, Heroku for hosting. Nevertheless we are continuously improving our technology stack
- Test driven development using tools like RSpec for backend unit and integration tests, Cypress and Playwright for end-to-end tests, and Jest in combination with React Testing Library for frontend tests
- Lots of personal development and focus on code quality, including pair programming, extensive code reviews, architecture reviews and of course (online) courses and meet-ups
- A culture based on mutual trust, cooperation and development
- Belonging to a team of like-minded, driven and young professionals
- Teamwork in an open and dynamic atmosphere with room for new and fresh ideas and initiatives
- Tailor-made guidance. Together we will monitor how you can grow and develop yourself
- A place where you can truly make a difference
- The right compensation: salary, bonus, macbook, career opportunities & daily free healthy lunch So, if you’ve become excited about what you’ve read and if you somewhat fit the bill - let’s chat!